Monday, March 29, 2010

Responding to: the sex culture and rape

The teen sex culture is something that I have always been very curious about. What is the "acceptable age" for children to start having sex? Who decided this was the right age? How do teens view sex? I would have to agree with Lee, and disagree with Levy by saying that while the media may play a large role in influencing young teen sexual lifestyles, the type of/ or lack of information that these students are being taught about sex also contributes.

Pictures of adults or teens dressed in risque clothing or doing risque things can be found all over the media; right there for young teens and children to see. The sex culture is waiting there, prowling, ready to bite into the young teen whenever they decide to take part. But what inspires teens to start having sex? What influences them into making decisions which promote a positive sexual experience and what negative information leads to tem having negative sexual experiences? I personally think its society and outside forces as well as half parental duty. If society is influencing a young teen into thinking that having sex and being crazy is the right thing to do, and their parents are not eaching them otherwise, then most likely the teen is going to do what they see.

http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/school_dances_sure_have_changed

For example, this video shows young children around the age of eight or nine dancing in a very provocative manner. Parents that allow their children to act like this at a young age can most likely expect them to not have a healthy outlook towards sex. They will probably be sucked into the sex culture at a young age and without parents there to guide them, it is hard to tell whether it will be a positive or negative experience.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is WOW!!! I understand that this is most likely from another culture, but still. There were moms adjusting the positions of kids in order for them to be in more sexual positions. I cant believe they even would put this up.

    ReplyDelete